Hunt & Gather is always on the hunt for great individual consignment items. Please use the information below as a guideline if you would like us to consider your items for consignment.
- It’s a 50/50 split
- First contract term is 120 days
- There are scheduled markdowns every 30 days
- If we think it’s a great piece and accept it, you will need to bring it to us so
we can sell it.
- Please read our consignment clarification form for specific guidelines.
- Please take an ACCURATE picture of the item or items that you are interested in consigning.
- Please ensure that you show any problem areas with the items. (Photos sometimes do not tell the whole story)
- Send us the photos via email with items and contact information to: info@HuntAndGatherRaleigh.com
When your items get to our store
- We inspect the item(s) for defects or condition issues not shown or described in the photographs. If we find significant issues not disclosed previously, we may turn the items away or call and ask for its removal.
- An itemized contract is prepared and signed and the piece goes into the new inventory to be placed on the showroom floor. The contract term starts when the piece is first displayed on the floor.
- When your items sell, your check is available for pick up at the store on the 15th of the month after the month it sells in or your check will be automatically mailed on the 20th of that same month.
- Should the piece not sell within the contract period, the item will be re-assessed for consideration of another 120 day term. If there has been little or no interest in your items at the end of the initial term, you will be contacted and we will give you the option to pick up your item within 10 days, or you may choose to have your item(s) taken to auction. The auction agreement becomes a contract between you and the auction gallery. The store simply makes the arrangements for item pick up by the auction gallery. (see consignment contract for more details)
Please consider the following when thinking about consigning an item to Hunt & Gather.
- Is the piece solid wood or particle board? We do not typically take particle board items.
- What’s the history of the piece, how long have you had the piece or how long has it been in your family?
- Has the piece been repaired? If so, please note the repairs or damage such as breaks, deep scratches or dents with photograph submission.
- Please make sure the piece is clean, free of cobwebs and that the drawers are empty.
- Upholstered items must be clean, in good repair and stain free.
- Chairs need to be stable, not wobbly.
- Please note the size and manufacturer, if known.
- Please indicate any problem areas.
- Please make sure the rugs are clean!
- We do not accept rugs from homes with pets or when smoking is permitted inside the home.
- We no longer will accept sculptured rugs.
- Please make sure the silver is polished.
- Sterling is preferable; we will consider silver plate on a case by case basis.
Porcelain & Crystal
- Please indicate the number of pieces, the maker and the pattern.
- Please make sure the items are clean.
- Items that are chipped or cracked are not accepted.
- Large sets of china are generally slow to sell. We will consider sets on a case by case basis, giving preference to well known, high end brands such as Herend, Limoges, Royal Doulton, Wedgewood, and Spode.
- We only consider vintage books that are in very good condition.
- We do not take any Book Club editions.
- Good condition leather bound books are always in demand.
- Because of our limited space, we generally only take original works of art.
- Prints must be numbered and signed by the artist for consideration.
- Frames, mats and glass are in good condition. Glass and frame must be clean!
- We will consider vintage and antique prints on a case by case basis.
- All decorative objects will be considered on a case by case basis.
- All items need to be clean and in good repair, free of chips, cracks, or paint
Lamps & Mirrors
- These items will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Only lamps with shades in good condition will be considered.
- Gilt or overlay mirrors must be made of wood or gesso overlay. Plastic and
extruded foam frames will not be considered.
- Period antiques will be considered on a case by case basis with attention given to condition, size and marketability.
- At this time, Victorian style furniture and oak furniture are rarely accepted.
Unfortunately, we do not accept the following items for consignment.
- Flower arrangements
- Small collectables such as Hummels or Tom Clark gnomes